Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Eyes Will Smolder

Blog consolidation: I write other blogs with some interesting posts that fit this blog's themes. In the interest of simplifying my life and providing better and more consistent content to my readers, I'm combining all my blogs here. This and the next few posts are oldies but goodies from my other sites.

Just watched Twilight tonight, and finished the book yesterday. Yes, it's annoying and not that well-written. Yes, it's pretty un-feminist. Yes, it's addicting like crack, or as Edward Cullen would say "my own personal brand of heroin." Anyway, my review of the book and movie is not the point of this post. I'd rather examine the central question of the series, and the question most Twilight readers/viewers come to, which is: would you become a vampire?

I'm kind of torn. On the one hand, I'd get to live forever (as long as another vampire doesn't tear off my head and set me on fire). On the other hand, I don't like being cold. The thought of not having a heartbeat really creeps me out. I like my heartbeat. I also wouldn't want to have to eat that much meat, even if I could abstain from human blood and be a "vegetarian" vampire and just eat animals, like Edward and the gang do, though I could deal if I had to. Plus, as you've probably gathered if you know me at all, I don't believe I need to be a mythical creature in order to live forever. I'm convinced I can do that on my own.

So, is "no" my final answer? No, actually, it isn't. I would become a vampire, because of all the superpowers. Being that strong, fast, invincible, infinitely attractive, and psychic sounds pretty rad. A vampire's liiiiffffeee fooooorrrrr mmmeeeeeeeee.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha... i just cannot believe what you've written and the fact that a man felt addicted to twilight as much as a woman. Yes, my comment also does sound feminist, it does, I might be one then after all... but still, I can't believe it...
    Well, anyways, just stepped in to say you would no be alone and not knowing anyone for the rest of eternity, I would convert too... the only one thing that I dont like about the idea is that I would be literaly the fastest swimmer ever without having to train or what's worse, without having to train my ass off which I love... I love the idea of feeling devastatedly tired after a 4 hour training session which would stop happening once my warm blood stops running though my vains and I become astonishly beautiful... but well, I guess I would still choose to train as much anyways just for the sake of it.
    See you in eternity you female_book reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. The process is often more important than the destination, hey? Maybe vampire swimmers can still train to become even faster vampire swimmers? Meyers didn´t explore vampire training workouts, nor a vampire Olympics. Do I smell a book five in the works?

    ReplyDelete