Friday, February 10, 2017

Everything I Know Is Wrong

Everything I know is wrong. 

Why is it wrong? Because everything humans now know will likely be proven wrong, mostly wrong, or at very least woefully incomplete and misguided. Fast forward 50, 500, or 5000 years, assuming we humans don't render ourselves extinct by then, what will historians, archaeologists, and anthropologists of that era see
when they look back on our current culture? That we were primitive. We were way off base about just about everything. We were children who knew almost nothing at all.


In my own life, I know this to be true as well. I personally keep evolving too. Most everything I knew to be true at 20 was laughably wrong by 25. I dropped the old perspectives and truths for new, happier, more useful ones. By 30, the same thing had happened again. By 35 and 40, too, albeit somewhat less drastically. I can only assume this trend will continue.

Why do I believe what I know then? Because it's the best I can do, where I am, with what I've got. It's a progression, an evolution. I have to experience this first in order to understand that later. The only way out is through.

No comments:

Post a Comment